Sunday 15 October 2017

Exhibition

What group am I in?? Ice Breaker Activities My Name Means . . . My Name Means requires players to come up with words describing themselves. The trick is that they must do so by creating a phrase where each word begins with a letter of their first name used in order. For example, Theresa might say, “My name is Theresa and I am tiny, happy, energetic, red-haired, eager, strong, and amazing.” Spaghetti Tower one of the funnest things we did at camp last year. we had a contest to see who could build the coolest thing with marshmallows and toothpicks. This Week... Tuning In This is the stage where you define your key issue. You identify things you already know and identify the questions (Lines of Inquiry) you need to find out about. You will hypothesise and predict what you are going to find out. Here is a good place to set goals and timelines for yourself. Key Questions: What do I know about...? What am I interested in…? What questions do I have about…? Where and how could I find more information about…? Who could help me? What skills will I be using? Tuning In Checklist To ensure that you are ready to move on to the next stage of the Exhibition, go through this checklist. If everything is complete, then you are ready! Have I remembered to… Task Completed Read through the general information section and know what it is about. Read and understand the different ways I will be assessed. Y chart outlining understanding of concepts relating to the Central Idea – fill in blue pen at the beginning and add new ideas in red pen (in UoI book) Unpack the Central Idea – Can I explain what it means? Use the question creation chart and the key concepts to help create our lines of inquiry. Create lines of inquiry and questions/ideas to pursue. Organise and plan for the 1st Mentor meeting. Complete my personal reflection and look for teacher feedback. Extra Tasks? Essential Agreements Working with your group you should make a list of the essential agreements for exhibition. Think about how we should treat each other, how we should behave, what should happen if there is a conflict and what is important to remember about your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment